Southern-Style Buttermilk Biscuits
Delight your taste buds with these fluffy and buttery Southern-style buttermilk biscuits. A classic recipe that brings the warmth of the South to your table.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1 cup buttermilk, cold
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the cold, cubed butter to the dry ingredients. Use a pastry cutter or your fingers to incorporate the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture and pour in the cold buttermilk. Gently stir until just combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead it gently a few times until it comes together. Pat the dough into a 1-inch thick rectangle.
- Use a round biscuit cutter to cut out biscuits and place them on the prepared baking sheet, leaving a little space between each.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the biscuits cool slightly before serving.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes | Cooking Time: 12 minutes | Total Time: 27 minutes
Yield: 12 biscuits
Nutrition per serving: 180 calories, 22g carbohydrates, 4g protein, 8g fat
These Southern-Style Buttermilk Biscuits are a true delight, embodying the heart and soul of Southern hospitality. Serve them warm with a dollop of butter or your favorite jam for a taste of tradition that will transport you to the charming kitchens of the South.