Savor the Season: Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Create a cozy ambiance in your kitchen as you embark on a culinary journey with my Roasted Butternut Squash Soup. The air fills with the sweet aroma of roasting squash, creating anticipation for the delicious bowl that’s about to be served.
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, toss the butternut squash, onion, carrots, and garlic with olive oil, cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the vegetables on a baking sheet and roast for 30-40 minutes or until they are tender and golden brown.
- Transfer the roasted vegetables to a pot, add vegetable broth, and bring to a simmer.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes | Cooking Time: 40 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour
Yields: 6 servings
Warm your soul with this creamy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup, a comforting bowl that perfectly captures the flavors of the season. The velvety texture and sweet notes of the butternut squash make it an ideal dish for autumn gatherings or a cozy night in.
Nutrition Information (per serving): 220 calories, 4g protein, 35g carbohydrates, 6g fiber, 8g sugar, 9g fat, 2g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 5mg cholesterol, 600mg sodium.
As the weather cools, let this soup be a staple in your kitchen, bringing warmth and joy to every spoonful. Share this delightful recipe with your loved ones, and let the season be savored in every bowl of this Roasted Butternut Squash Soup.