Ricotta and Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells: Italian Comfort
Indulge in the rich flavors of Italy with this delightful Ricotta and Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells. A dish that brings comfort and satisfaction to your table, it’s a perfect blend of creamy ricotta, earthy spinach, and perfectly cooked pasta shells, all bathed in a savory Italian sauce.
- 1 pound jumbo pasta shells
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Cook the pasta shells according to package instructions; drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix ricotta, spinach, mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, garlic, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Stuff each pasta shell with the ricotta mixture.
- Spread a layer of marinara sauce in a baking dish and place the stuffed shells on top.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375°F (190°C) for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes until bubbly and golden.
- Serve hot, garnished with extra Parmesan and fresh basil.
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 45 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Enjoy the warmth of Italy with each bite of these Ricotta and Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells. Perfect for a cozy family dinner or a gathering with friends, this dish is a celebration of comforting flavors and wholesome ingredients.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Calories: 380 kcal | Carbohydrates: 30 g | Protein: 18 g | Fat: 22 g | Saturated Fat: 10 g | Cholesterol: 55 mg | Sodium: 780 mg | Fiber: 4 g | Sugar: 5 g