Mexican Street Corn (Elote) Recipe
Embark on a culinary adventure with this delightful Mexican Street Corn (Elote) recipe by the talented chef, Elizabeth Rodriguez. Transport your taste buds to the vibrant streets of Mexico City, where the irresistible combination of smoky grilled corn, creamy mayonnaise, tangy cotija cheese, and a burst of lime creates a symphony of flavors.
- 4 ears of fresh corn, husked
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the corn, turning occasionally, until lightly charred on all sides (about 10-12 minutes).
- Brush each corn cob with mayonnaise, then sprinkle with cotija cheese and chili powder.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with lime wedges on the side.
Total time: 35 minutes
Indulge in the rich flavors of Mexican Street Corn, a perfect blend of smoky, creamy, and tangy goodness. This recipe is sure to elevate your summer gatherings and bring a taste of Mexico to your table.
Nutrition (per serving): 220 calories
Conclude your culinary journey with Mexican Street Corn (Elote), and savor the memories of each flavorful bite. Whether enjoyed as a side dish or a standalone treat, this recipe captures the spirit of Mexican street food, making every meal a fiesta of deliciousness.