Irish Delights: Guinness Chocolate Cake Recipe
Indulge your taste buds with the magic of Ireland through this delightful Guinness Chocolate Cake. Crafted by the culinary virtuoso Elizabeth Rodriguez, this recipe promises a journey of flavors that will transport you to the heart of the Emerald Isle. Picture a moist chocolate cake with a subtle hint of Guinness, creating a symphony of taste that celebrates the rich culinary heritage of Ireland.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup Guinness stout
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease two 9-inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the softened butter, eggs, Guinness stout, buttermilk, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans and smooth the tops.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 45 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Yield: 1 cake
Savor each slice of this Guinness Chocolate Cake, and let the velvety richness and subtle undertones of Guinness take you on a culinary journey to Ireland. Perfect for special occasions or any day you crave a taste of Irish indulgence.
Nutrition Information (per serving): 320 calories, Serving Size: 1 slice
Celebrate the joy of baking and the essence of Ireland with this Guinness Chocolate Cake. Elizabeth Rodriguez’s creation is more than a recipe; it’s a piece of culinary art that brings the warmth and hospitality of Ireland into your home. So, gather your ingredients, preheat your oven, and let the aroma of Irish delights fill your kitchen.