Irish Comfort Food: Hearty Dishes from the Emerald Isle
Create lasting memories with these traditional Irish recipes that have been passed down through generations. As you embark on this culinary journey, imagine the rolling green hills and cozy cottages of Ireland, where each dish tells a story of comfort and togetherness.
- 2 lbs of Irish beef stew meat
- 3 large potatoes, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup Irish stout beer
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coat beef in flour, salt, and pepper. Brown in a pot with oil.
- Add onions and garlic; sauté until fragrant.
- Stir in tomato paste, then add broth, beer, potatoes, carrots, and bay leaf.
- Simmer for 2 hours until meat is tender and flavors meld.
- Remove bay leaf, season to taste, and serve hot.
Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Savor the taste of Ireland with this soul-warming stew, perfect for chilly evenings or when you crave a comforting meal. Each spoonful is a journey to the Emerald Isle.
Nutrition per serving: 480 calories, 24g protein, 38g carbs, 6g fiber, 4g sugar, 28g fat, 10g saturated fat, 90mg cholesterol, 800mg sodium.
As you relish these dishes, may the spirit of Ireland’s hospitality fill your home. Share these recipes with loved ones and create your own traditions rooted in the heart of the Emerald Isle.