Homemade Sweet and Sour Chicken
A delightful blend of crispy chicken bites coated in a sweet and tangy sauce, this Homemade Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe is a true crowd-pleaser. As an experienced chef, I’ve crafted this dish with the perfect balance of flavors to make it an unforgettable dining experience for you and your loved ones.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C).
- In a large bowl, coat the chicken pieces in cornstarch, then dip them in beaten eggs.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium-high heat and fry the chicken until golden brown.
- In a separate bowl, mix together pineapple chunks, bell pepper, ketchup, rice vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic.
- Add the sauce mixture to the fried chicken, stirring until well-coated.
- Transfer everything to a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld.
- Serve the Homemade Sweet and Sour Chicken over steamed rice and enjoy!
Total time: 45 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Enjoy the crispy goodness of the chicken combined with the sweet and tangy notes of the sauce, creating a dish that will surely become a favorite in your home.
Nutrition per serving: 320 calories, 30g carbohydrates, 25g protein, 12g fat
Whether it’s a weeknight dinner or a weekend celebration, this Homemade Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe is a testament to the joy of home-cooked meals. The satisfaction of creating a delicious dish from scratch is unparalleled, and I hope this recipe brings as much joy to your kitchen as it does to mine.