Homemade Pickles and Preserves: A Taste of Summer
Create magical moments at your table with these delightful Homemade Pickles and Preserves. Elizabeth Rodriguez, our kitchen wizard, brings you a recipe that encapsulates the essence of summer in every jar. Picture yourself on a warm, sun-kissed day, savoring the vibrant flavors bursting forth with each crisp bite.
- Cucumbers – 2 lbs, thinly sliced
- White vinegar – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Salt – 1/4 cup
- Mustard seeds – 1 tbsp
- Dill – 1 bunch, chopped
- Combine vinegar, sugar, and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Add cucumbers, mustard seeds, and dill to the brine. Stir well and let it cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the mixture to sterilized jars, ensuring cucumbers are fully submerged. Seal tightly.
- Refrigerate for at least 24 hours before indulging in the refreshing taste of summer.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 jars
These Homemade Pickles and Preserves are not just a condiment; they are a journey into the heart of summer. Share the joy by gifting jars to friends, and let the crisp, flavorful experience linger long after the season fades.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories – 120, Fat – 0g, Carbohydrates – 28g, Protein – 1g
Create your jar of memories with this Homemade Pickles and Preserves recipe, and let the taste of summer linger on your palate long after the last jar is opened.