Homemade Baked Mac and Cheese: Kid-Friendly Favorite
Indulge your little ones with this irresistible Homemade Baked Mac and Cheese. A guaranteed kid-friendly favorite that will have them begging for seconds!
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 pinch paprika
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions. Drain.
- In a saucepan, melt butter or margarine or medium heat. Stir in enough flour to make a roux. Add milk to roux slowly, stirring constantly. Stir in cheeses, and cook over low heat until cheese is melted and the sauce is a little thick. Put macaroni in large casserole dish, and pour sauce over macaroni. Stir well.
- Melt butter or margarine in a skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and brown. Spread over the macaroni and cheese to cover. Sprinkle a little bit of extra cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Serve.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Creamy, cheesy, and baked to perfection, this Homemade Baked Mac and Cheese is the epitome of comfort food. The golden breadcrumb topping adds a delightful crunch, making it a hit with both kids and adults alike. Serve it up at family dinners or special occasions, and watch as it disappears in no time.
Nutrition Information (per serving): 350 calories, 15g protein, 30g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 3g sugar, 20g fat, 12g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 60mg cholesterol, 600mg sodium.
Give this recipe a try, and elevate your mac and cheese game to a whole new level!