Hawaiian Luau Party: Grilled Huli Huli Chicken
Create an authentic Hawaiian experience with this Grilled Huli Huli Chicken recipe. As the smoky aroma wafts through the air and the sweet pineapple-infused marinade caramelizes on the grill, you’ll be transported to the sandy beaches and tropical vibes of Hawaii.
- 3 lbs bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Green onions and sesame seeds for garnish
- Combine pineapple juice, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil to create the marinade.
- Place chicken thighs in a large resealable bag and pour half of the marinade over them. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Grill chicken for 6-8 minutes per side or until fully cooked, basting with the reserved marinade.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and sesame seeds before serving.
Total Time: 2 hours (including marinating time)
Yield: Serves 6-8
Bring the flavors of a Hawaiian Luau to your backyard with this Grilled Huli Huli Chicken. Juicy, flavorful, and kissed by the grill, it’s a recipe that will have your guests doing the hula in delight.
Nutrition Information (per serving): 320 calories, 25g protein, 15g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 10g sugar, 18g fat, 5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 90mg cholesterol, 700mg sodium
Close your eyes, take a bite, and imagine the sound of waves crashing on the shore as you savor the tropical paradise on your plate. This Grilled Huli Huli Chicken is not just a recipe; it’s a culinary journey to the heart of a Hawaiian Luau.