Classic Chicken and Rice Casserole Recipe
Warm and inviting, this Classic Chicken and Rice Casserole is a culinary hug in a casserole dish. Elizabeth Rodriguez, our culinary maestro, brings you a timeless recipe that has graced family tables for generations.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked chicken, rice, peas, carrots, and celery.
Total time: 1 hour
A comforting classic that never goes out of style, this Chicken and Rice Casserole is a labor of love that will have your family coming back for seconds.
Per serving: 320 calories, 25g protein, 30g carbohydrates, 12g fat