Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies: Classic Treats Reinvented!
Embark on a culinary journey with these Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, where tradition meets innovation in every bite. Crafted by the talented Elizabeth Rodriguez, these cookies pay homage to the classic recipe, yet surprise your taste buds with a delightful twist.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the wet mixture, beating until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in the raisins until evenly distributed throughout the cookie dough.
- Scoop tablespoon-sized portions of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Total time: 32 minutes
Yield: 12 cookies
Savor the blend of chewy goodness and raisin sweetness in every bite of these reinvented classic oatmeal cookies. Perfect for a cozy night in or sharing with loved ones, this recipe is a testament to timeless flavors with a modern touch.
Nutritional Information (per serving): 180 kcal, 8g fat, 25g carbohydrates, 3g protein
Complete your baking repertoire with these Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, a delightful fusion of tradition and innovation that’s sure to become a household favorite. Elizabeth Rodriguez has truly mastered the art of reinventing classics, bringing you a treat that transcends time and taste.